Every April and October, the San Diego Kids Expo & Fair comes to town and it’s a whole weekend filled with fun for the whole family! So why should you go? I’ll give you six reasons!
- Del Mar – The event is held in the coastal and picturesque town of Del Mar at the Fairgrounds. It’s right off the freeway and it has a fairly large parking lot. I’ve always found a parking space fairly close to the entrance with no issues. It’s also right near the beach! So after you attend the event, you can drive a few blocks and see some pretty amazing views!
- The Shows and Performances – The expo provides an opportunity for local dance and drama groups to show off their awesome talents! These shows are all included in the price of admission so check the performance schedule before you head out so you don’t miss your favorite group.
- The Animals – Keep an eye out for your chance to get up close and personal with a unique animal or reptile!
- Outdoor Activities – Make sure you take the kiddos outside to jump in one of the many bounce houses or take the zip line for a spin. There are also bungy jumps, human hamster balls and rock n’ roll bands providing some sweet entertainment! This is where the tiny ones can burn off some serious energy!
- Interactive Exhibits – The main focus of the San Diego Kids Expo & Fair is to educate the community on all of the awesome opportunities for the kids of San Diego. Take some time and visit the vendors and partake in some of the demo activities that many of them offer. The kids might be able to kick a few balls, run through an obstacle course, tour an ambulance or hop in a photo booth. They will also love spinning the prize wheels at some of the tables! And if you have super tiny kiddos, don’t worry…there is a mommy and daddy lounge for nursing, changing or just some quiet time for sleepy babies.
And last, but not least…my favorite part of the Expo!! Can you guess?!
- SWAG! – You will not leave this event empty handed! You will be loaded up with samples, coupons and maybe even some prizes! I actually won free movie tickets and got free photo booth pictures! My daughter also loved spinning all of the prize wheels and getting lots of stickers and tattoos!
These are just a few reasons to attend the Kids Expo! Checkout the website for a full list of vendors and schedule of the entertainment and shows. Also, note that this expo comes around twice a year and each time the vendors change. So basically, it’s almost like a new event each time you attend!
What about pricing? Tickets are $10 at the gate (children 12 and under are free), but you can save money by purchasing on the website. The outdoor activities also require a wristband which is a separate purchase. But, again, you can save money by bundling and purchasing packages online. Also check Groupon for group deals! I received free tickets both times I attended through local mom’s groups (I scored these tickets from Mom’s Guide to San Diego). Check out mom’s groups on Facebook and Instagram and search hashtags for a chance to win free tickets! Unfortunately, parking is $10 and there really isn’t any way around that.
Have you attended the San Diego Kids Expo in the past? What are you looking forward to the most at this year’s event? I’d love to know what you think!
See you at the next event!