*Disclaimer: I received a free remote runner entry to the San Jose 408k as part of being a BibRave Pro. Learn more about becoming a BibRave Pro (ambassador), and check out BibRave.com to review find and write race reviews!”
I may have left California, but California has not left me! So I’m super excited to have the opportunity to run the San Jose 408k as a remote runner! In my previous blog post, I mentioned how I’ve missed running races so it will be fun to feel like I’m running the 408 even if I am in another country!
So whether you live in San Jose, Asia, or somewhere in between – you can also get excited about this race and here are 5 reasons why!
5. The Location! – After your run through beautiful San Jose you will finish at Santana Row, which is an upscale shopping/dining/living development and it’s the ONLY event that finishes here!
4. Special Course Miles! – Running the 408k gives you the opportunity to run both the Memorial Mile and the Mariachi Mile. The Memorial Mile is a chance for runners to show their respect to local military as well as an opportunity for veterans to cheer on the runners. The Mariachi Mile will feature several mariachi bands playing along the last mile of the course. How fun is that?!
3. Extra SWAG! – Run the 408k (in person or remotely) along with any of the race distances from the Silicon Valley Half event and you will score some extra BLING! It will be a great addition to your medal rack!
2. Pat Tillman Foundation – This year’s Official Benefitting Charity is the Pat Tillman Foundation. Fundraising and donations to Pat Tillman Foundation will be invested in military veterans and their spouses through academic scholarships. This is a great charity and there are even fundraising levels.
1. Remote Runner – And my fave thing about this race? Well, I think it’s pretty obvious…but I’m excited that I can run this 8k on my own and still score some swag! What does it mean to be a remote runner? It means I can run at home and I will receive a bib, official race shirt, and medal in the mail! No traffic, no crowded expo lines! Super easy and convenient!
And if you aren’t excited yet, use code “BIBRAVE” save $10 on your race entry or remote runner entry!
And of course, if you aren’t up to running an 8k (4.97 miles) you can always head over to cheer on the runners (we love spectators!) or be a race volunteer!
This is sure to be a great event for all so be sure to register today before online registration closes! And let me know if you register as a remote runner so we can run “together”. 😉