“Disclaimer: I received an annual Strava Summit subscription and Strava merchandise to review as part of being a BibRave Pro. Learn more about becoming a BibRave Pro (ambassador), and check out BibRave.com to review find and write race reviews!”
Strava (Swedish for “strive”) is a popular app used by runners and cyclists. I’ve had an account for a while but never really took advantage of the functions or interacted with the other users (I literally had zero connections or recent activity). Well I just started using the app again and have learned a few things over the last month!
Analyze your route!
- You can name your runs! Once your run or activity is uploaded, you can customize the description as well as the actual title of your run for quick reference.
Once your run is added you can check out your route and analyze how you could make any adjustments. You can track your pace, distance, heart rate, and set new goals for yourself.
You can join challenges and clubs!
- You can see more and change extra settings on the website (not the app). You can do a lot with the app, but you can do even more with the desktop version. I feel kinda “meh” about this. I prefer to be able to access everything through an app so I don’t have to switch platforms, but it’s not a huge deal. One cool thing you can do through the desktop settings is change your “Vanity URL” from a generic number to a preferred name!
Aside from connecting with other runners/cyclists, you can create or join clubs and also join challenges to help you reach goals. You can also set goals for yourself, keep track of your shoe mileage, and earn badges!
And my favorite thing about the app so far?
Stats overlay! Besides the ability to give kudos to other runners (who doesn’t love virtual encouragement?), my next fave app feature is the ability to upload photos and add the stats right on to your picture. Before this, I was using another app and manually inputting stats so I have definitely been taking advantage of this function. A couple of tips here: 1. You’ll have to make your activity shareable – it won’t work if it’s marked to private. 2. Horizontal photos work better so you don’t have to do any extra cropping for the social media platforms.
What about you? Are you on Strava? What do you love about it?
Looking for an upcoming challenge? Join the Bibrave crew for a streak in May! Streaking is a fun way to challenge yourself and find your stride. Run or walk one mile each day in May and track it on Strava! It’s a great time to streak because you will have lots of support! Post your streak on the socials with the hashtag #StravaRun so we can all cheer you on!
I’m excited to learn more about Strava so check back next month for another update!
Until then I’ll be adding stats overlay to aaaallllllll the running photos. 😉
Mondays get a bad rap. 😦 I feel like most people are always dreading them or just surviving them. So that’s why I felt I needed to stick up for my beloved Mondays! Here are five reasons why I think Mondays are the best days! 🙂
- I look forward to Mondays so I can sit down and plan out my schedule and write down my goals for the week. I also like to fill in my gratitude list and check off any accomplishments from the previous week. It’s also my day to assess the mess the kids have made over the weekend and get everything organized and back in its place.
- Monday mornings are not only a time for reflection, but also an opportunity to get caught up on Bible Study homework, devotionals, and prayer. (with coffee of course) 😉
Solo Fitness Time
- If you’ve ever been through a workout program, you’ve probably heard the phrase “Never Miss A Monday”. It’s always nice to start off the week feeling strong and accomplished by a good workout! I often have to workout with my kids, so Monday is the one day of the week that I know I get time to workout or run solo!
- On occasional Mondays, I get to meet up with some other moms for coffee or breakfast. It’s a nice little weekday morning outing and it’s so fun you forget it’s Monday!
- Okay, this should come as no surprise – but the #1 reason why I love Mondays? It’s mail day! Which means all the swag and other goodies will be delivered! Yes, I get mail other days of the week too – but since I get no mail on Sundays it’s nice to wake up to packages on Monday! And Hello – It’s also a day to show off the Swag! aka – #MedalMonday
Obviously I think Mondays rock! What about you? Do you love or hate Mondays?!