If you are looking for something fun and unique to experience in Japan – you are in luck! A new pop-up museum exhibit is now open in Yokohama that’s all about – Unko! What is unko, you ask? Well it’s poop! 🙂 Yes, a whole museum dedicated to poop! Sound interesting? Here’s a little bit about my experience so you know what to expect!
The Unko Museum is located in the Asobuild building, which is about a five minute walk from the Yokohama train station. The Asobuild building itself is super artsy and also has a few other exhibits to check out.
Once you’re “pooped out” from all the fun, grab a baggie for unko and head towards the gift shop for some fun unko souvenirs!
- It’s pretty small – you can get through the whole thing in about an hour. So maybe plan something else to do to fill your day unless you’re just passing through.
- There’s no food or snacks allowed – make sure you eat before or hit up the café in the Asobuild building or some restaurants in the nearby mall.
- It’s organized – in true Japanese fashion – everything is orderly, methodical, and well-staffed.
- Lots of photo ops – the whole museum is one big opportunity to take Instagram photos so make sure you are selfie-ready!
- Kid-friendly – I saw lots of kids, but several adults as well so it’s definitely family-friendly. My kids LOVED this place and have already asked if we can go back!
Sound like fun? Make sure you plan your trip soon! This is just a temporary exhibit so the unko will be “flushed away” on July 15th, 2019! 😉