So you’ve seen my review of Walmart’s Beauty Box, now here is a look at the Target Beauty Box! Yes, I am aware it is March…but whatevs, I do what I want. 🙂 Target’s beauty boxes run between $5-$7 per month, while Walmart’s are $5 every season. But if you use your Target Red Card, you will save 5% and receive free shipping. I will note that these boxes sell out quick! Like first day quick! Unlike Walmart’s beauty box, these are not set up like an automatic subscription. You have to manually purchase each month, so set yourself a reminder to get yours each month! So let’s take a looksee!
- Ecotools- Ecopouf Mini Sponge (100% recycled sponge) – This little sponge is pretty sweet. It’s a little rough, but nice for exfoliation. And even though it’s considered a “mini” sponge, I felt that it was big enough to get the job done on the daily. Although, I wondered what it’s recycled from? Hmmmm…..
- L’Oreal – Boost It Air-Blown Texture Mist – This is an awesome full-size product! This is something you spray on your roots when your hair is damp to give it a little lift. It definitely worked, but I have big hair already so I probably wouldn’t use this very much.
- Soap Box – Coconut shampoo and conditioner – This shampoo/conditioner combo left my hair feeling clean and had a light coconut scent. What’s interesting about this product is that this company has a global mission to make sure everyone receives clean water and soap. So when you purchase one of their items, you also contribute to this pretty noble cause. I like when companies give back, so I may purchase more of this brand in the future.
- Skinfix – Repair balm – This is also a full-size product. It is made from coconut oil and doesn’t have a flavor. I thought it did a good job relieving chapped lips, but had kind of an oily feel.
- Derma E – Hydrating night cream – This went on smooth and didn’t feel greasy. It also had a pleasant, light scent. It’s supposed to help fix fine lines and wrinkles, but I would need to use it more frequently to really see a difference.
- Vera Wang – Embrace perfume – I’m not really a fan of the perfume samples where you have to rub scented paper all of you, so I was pleased to see an actual tiny spray bottle in the box. It’s a nice, pleasant scent. I didn’t hate it, but nothing really memorable.
- Mayfair – Body crème in Sea Lily Jasmine – I really dig this lotion. It’s a good consistency – not too thick, not too thin. It’s also paraben-free and this company doesn’t test on animals which is a sweet bonus! I also really loved the scent. It’s kind of on the sweeter side, which isn’t for everyone – but I absolutely loved it and will definitely be purchasing this product again.
- Laneige BB cushion – This came with three different shades (light, medium, and medium dark) and an applicator sponge. I went with the light and felt that it was the best shade for me. I liked that it gave my skin an airbrushed appearance without feeling heavy or cake-like. It does have a slight scent, but it wasn’t overwhelming. The only downfall is that it retails for around $34 which is a bit much for me…but it’s that rad, I might actually purchase this at some point.
- Incoco – Nail polish applique – This item intrigued me the most, because it’s basically real nail polish that sticks right on to your nail and lasts for up to two weeks.
You just peel off the paper and stick it to your nail. Then you file off the excess. It’s that easy! I really was surprised at the ease of use! The strips come in all different sizes so every nail receives full coverage. I’m really terrible at doing my own nails, so I was pretty stoked about this product! My only complaint was this terrible color…ugh, so much glitter. Maybe a 12-year-old would enjoy this color, but ugh…it was tough to look at. I took it off after three days because my eyes were burning from the junior high glitter party that was occurring on my fingernails. I’m still recovering. On the upside, it did come off pretty easy with nail polish remover. I suspect it would have come off even easier had there not been glitter involved (so. much. glitter.). Ugh, I would purchase this product in the future, but never again with that color.
Also included in the box was a coupon for $3 off a $15 beauty purchase. This is a pretty good coupon. I may use it on the Laneige BB Cushion. 🙂
Overall, I think this box was well worth the $7. It included many full-size products and I can’t wait for next month’s box! Let me know if you have tried any of these items! I’d love to hear your thoughts!