**Disclaimer: I received a free race entry to the Hot Chocolate 15k in exchange for an honest review as part of being a Bibrave Pro. Learn more about becoming a Bibrave Pro, and check out Bibrave.com to review, find and write race reviews!
Next month, I will be running the Hot Chocolate 15k and I could not be more stoked! I’ve been wanting to participate in this event for a while so I knew I could not miss out again this year. In case you’ve never heard of this event, you basically run and consume chocolate for 9.3 miles…and then take a chocolate shower at the finish line. Okay, maybe the last part isn’t true…but I assure you that there will be multiple opportunities to fill up on all things chocolate. So here are six reasons why I think YOU should also attend a chocolate-filled running party!
- The Amazing Cities! – The Hot Chocolate race travels to over 20 major cities with amazing views. Some of these include: Las Vegas, Minneapolis, Orlando, and of course…San Diego! There’s bound to be an event near you so there is no excuse for you to miss out! Check out the full list of cities here.
- Charities! – Participating in the Hot Chocolate Race Series means you get to contribute to a local charity. One of the charities benefitting from this race is the Ronald McDonald House. These facilities provide a comforting and encouraging place for families to eat, sleep, shower, etc. while their children receive treatment and care for difficult medical issues. They even offer an onsite school for siblings of the hospitalized children. And if you really wanna make a difference in your community, you can fundraise and score a free race entry! It’s a win-win for all!
- Training Plan! – Maybe this is your first 15k. Maybe you’re coming off of a running hiatus. Maybe you’re looking to set a new PR (personal record). Either way, you will need some time to train. Training for a race can seem overwhelming. When do I run intervals? When should I complete a long run? When should I cross-train? When should I rest? Well the Hot Chocolate run takes out all of the guess work and provides you with a weekly training plan that goes straight to your inbox! In addition, you will receive tips on hydration and recovery and advice on running gear! You can also calculate your pace with the McMillan Running Calculator so you can customize your plan.
Here’s a little peek at how my training is going starting with a sample of my weekly training plan! 😉
- Chocolate! – This seems like a pretty obvious reason, but I don’t think you realize the amount of chocolate that will be present at this event! You will literally be taken to a wonderland of chocolate! There will be chocolate opps at the Expo as well as tons of photo opps with Chocolate mascots! There will be sweet stations at various stops throughout the 15k! You will receive tons of chocolate goodies at the finish line followed by an all out chocolate party! Here’s some more info on the chocolate goodies!
And just in case you’re wondering how I’m training for the chocolate portion of the event… 😉
I gotta make sure I’m prepared, right? Ya know… “nothing new on race day!” 🙂
- SWAG!!!!!!!! – Okay this is where you will really want to pay attention. There will be SWAG GA-LORE at this run! You will be greeted at the finish line with a large mug full of marshmallows, bananas, pretzels, and duh…chocolate! (see above diagram) You will also receive FREE race photos! Then there’s the medal…chocolate gold!
You will also get a high quality finisher’s jacket! Not many races offer this type of thing…so even if chocolate isn’t your jam, this fitted jacket alone should motivate you to register for the nearest run! There’s even a spot at the Expo where you can switch your size to guarantee the best fit.
- BONUS SWAG!!!! – And the last reason you won’t want to miss the Hot Chocolate 15k is that you can receive bonus swag! Use code “SDBRHC” for the San Diego race (check out my race discount page for more codes for other cities) to receive a sweet visor!
And just in case you aren’t ready to commit to a 15k just yet, have no fear! There’s also a 5k option, but less swag! Or become a volunteer and score a little swag along with all of the chocolate epicness!
Ready to run for chocolate? Come join me in San Diego! Here are some quick facts:
Date: March 26th, 2017
Location: Petco Park
Pricing – 15k: $74 – 5k: $49 But hurry, the price will increase soon!
But don’t just take it from me, here are some testimonials from other Bibrave Pros courtesy of Bibrave.com:
Haley says: “The course was very scenic and I had a good time. Plenty of aid stations, and they supplied Nuun and water which was a life saver for me because I forgot my salt tabs.” Read the full review here.
Jenny says: “I actually really liked the course, I didn’t feel like there were any moments where I was disappointed. The finish was nice because it was pretty much all down hill from mile 8 on.” Read the full review here.
See you next month! I’ll be the one covered in chocolate! 😉