“Disclaimer: I’m promoting the Honolulu Marathon as part of being a BibRave Pro. Learn more about becoming a BibRave Pro (ambassador), and check out BibRave.com to review find and write race reviews!”
The Honolulu Marathon is coming up on December 10th, and I have great news!! There’s still time to get involved! Here a few ways for you to get in on the action!
- photo courtesy of honolulumarathon.org
- RUN! There are 3 chances to run during the Honolulu Marathon weekend – The Kalakaua Merrie Mile is on December 9th in Waikiki. Participate in this one mile fun run and then head over for a fun beach party and concert! All ages welcome! The Start to Park 10k is on December 10th and has the same start time and location of the Honolulu Marathon. This is perfect for those who want to get a taste of the marathon course, but aren’t quite ready to run 26.2 miles. The Honolulu Marathon – Then there’s the main event on December 10th. It’s the fourth largest marathon in the United States and is commonly referred to as “26.2 miles in Paradise”. Who doesn’t want to run in PARADISE?! ***Fun Fact: Last year, there were over 33,000 entrants and over 14,000 of them were from Japan!
photo courtesy of honolulumarathon.org
- Expo! The expo will be held on December 7th, 8th, and 9th at the Hawaii Convention Center and is free and open to anyone! You can register for any of the running events here at the expo, so it’s not too late to run any of the races! But if you aren’t up to running, then just enjoy roaming the expo and checking out all of the fun vendors! You may even score some samples and swag! You can also check out the vendor list and their booth locations here.
photo courtesy of honolulumarathonexpo.com
- Witness Greatness! After everyone has run the Kalakaua Merrie Mile, you can cheer on all of the elite runners! This is your chance to see Olympians from all over the world in action! Check out who all will be running in the Elite Field here, including the current marathon world record holder, Dennis Kimetto Also, be on the lookout for two-time Olympian, Nick Symmonds as he has announced that his final professional race will be this year’s Honolulu Marathon!
photo courtesy of honolulumarathon.org
- Tracking! Even if you can’t make the event, you can still track your friends, family, or favorite racers! You can follow the live results and watchlist page or you can download the event app! Create a watchlist of all of the participants you are tracking and then see their progress as they cross each timing mat.
What do you think is the most interesting part of the Honolulu Marathon?! Will you be participating this year?
I’m off to review the next event!
I hope everyone enjoyed their Halloween and got lots of candy swag! 😉 Now for part 2 of the WOW Summit that I attended last weekend. Once we returned from the break and visiting all of the wonderful vendors, we met back in the ballroom to listen to Drs. Greenspan and Deardorff speak about environmental issues regarding puberty. They were very informative and gave out copies of their new book, “The New Puberty” to a few lucky attendees! Check out their new book here!
Next, we split up into groups and attended various workshops. The first one I attended was called, “Rid, Restock and Reorganize: Simple Ways to Detox Your Home” by Wendy Bazilian, DrPH, MA, RD. You may have seen her on various talk shows such as “LIVE with Kelly and Michael” and she also has a new book out called, “Eat Clean, Stay Lean’. She gave us a lot of great tips about how to replace junk in our fridges and pantries with healthier options! Check her out!
The next workshop I attended was basically a nutrition and fitness class presented by someone from Smart Flour Foods and personal trainer Jill Anenberg. She had lots of energy and great information! Follow her on YouTube and Instagram!
After the workshops we went back to the ballroom to hear one last speaker and wait for the raffle giveaways! Sadly, I did not win anything but that’s okay because I had so much fun and scored tons of swag! So the last person to speak was Kimberly Blaine a.k.a. The Go To Mom and she discussed ways for moms to have more awareness in the moment. She was super inspirational and she had a sense of calmness about her that was quite reassuring. She reminded us that we need to give and take love in order to better ourselves. It was a perfect ending to the day! And check out The Go To Mom on Twitter and Instagram.
Then we waited in this long line for our amazing swag bags….
But that’s okay, it was totally worth it! 😉
Now, for what you all have been waiting for…the SWAG!
Yes, it was that much!! And all of the vendors were super friendly and generous. I also got a lot of coupons for free items that I can’t wait to cash in on! I’m not going to list everything out on this one because it would be overwhelming. But, you can check out my Instagram where I tagged most of the brands! This was a fabulous experience and if you get the chance to attend one of these events, definitely jump all over it! You will meet lots of great people and have the opportunity to try out different healthy brands! Thanks again Green Moms Meet and Kiwi Magazine!