This year’s IDEA World Fitness BlogFest will be held June 28th-July 1st in San Diego, CA. I am super bummed that I no longer reside in sunny SoCal and will not be able to attend the festivities! Lucky for me, Idea World and Fit Approach came together to create the first ever BlogFest Virtual PreCon available through Facebook! Expert speakers shared their wisdom and enthusiasm via Facebook Live with all of us bloggers from all over the world! Here are a few things that I learned from the virtual BlogFest special guests!
Tasha Edwards from Hip Healthy Chick (Topic: Connecting With Your Followers)
- Be authentic on your social media platforms.
- Genuinely engage with others. Support and encourage your social media community.
Lyn Lindbergh from Couch to Active (Topic: GRIT)
- Live a life you love!
- Use GRIT to get through something you don’t like – to take you where you want to go.
Fara Rosenzweig from Fit Creative Media (Topic: SEO Tricks)
- Utilize Google to find key words and study your Google Analytics.
- Consider using Yoast for SEO.
Debrina Wright from I am Debrina: Holistic Life + Fitness Coaching (Topic: Be Unapologetically Selfish)
- It’s not selfish to love yourself!
- Practice self-care – Take yourself out on dates! Go on field trips!
Dr. Beth Brombosz from Sublimely Fit (Topic: Writing a Book)
- YOU can easily write a book! –> Consider Self-Publishing (check out CreateSpace).
- Repurpose your work – create an outline.
- Start by being a guest speaker on another show.
- Use podcasting as a way to branch out from other social media forms.
- Be prepared: have an outline, find a quiet space, use headphones -> make your audience comfortable.
Chrissy Carroll from Snacking in Sneakers (Topic: Pinterest for Blog Growth)
- Pin 10-50 pins per day (50% personal content and 50% others).
- Use a tool such as TailWind for scheduling.
- Put several key words in the description.
Jenine Lopez from Gojen Befit (Topic: Make Money With Your Skills)
- Ask your audience what they want.
- Use a tiered sale system – offer an incentive.
Kim Peek from Power of Run (Topic: Craft Your Story to Inspire Others)
- Make a structure – include a hero, antagonist, plot twist, emotional connection, and conflict resolution.
- The customer/client is always the hero of the story.
Logan Kinney from High Vibe Wellness (Topic: Yoga Support)
- Trust that the yoga is enough. -> Yoga is more about connecting to our inner selves and less about our physical bodies.
- Share your real self on social media (post outtakes, props, etc.)
Dr. Heather Denniston from WELLFITandFED (Topic: Incorporating Brick and Mortar Techniques)
- Practice time management (balance work time with engagement time).
- Clock out – take 15 minutes for yourself (no phone).
Christine Parizo from Run Out of the Box (Topic: Journalism Techniques for Blogging)
- Prepare an outline and questions for interviewing.
- Content needs a purpose: educate, inform, or entertain.
Carleeh Mulholland from Healthy Socialite (Topic: Create Photo Worthy Smoothie Bowls)
- Add liquid ingredients, then soft ingredients – blend on low to thicken. Slice fruit super thin to stick to bowl.
- Solidify bowls in freezer before drizzling on butters.
- Lighting is everything – Use a white board for reflection. Invest in a Diva Light Ring.
And the most important thing I learned from the Virtual BlogFest??
I was totally inspired watching each speaker and listening to all of their tips! I finished the week wanting to write a book, start a podcast, grow my Pinterest, practice yoga, create a smoothie bowl, and tons of other things! I was mesmerized by the charisma of each #GirlBoss and I can’t wait to tackle some new goals! It was also a great way to engage with the #SweatPink community!
Thank you Fit Approach and Idea World for providing a virtual opportunity to attend such an amazing event!
Guess what?! You can check out all of the speakers on the Fit Approach Facebook page and score some inspiration for yourself!
Did you attend the Virtual BlogFest Pre-Con? I’d love to hear your thoughts!
*I am an ambassador for #SweatPink, however this is not a sponsored post. 🙂